The Road

So I just finished this book, The Road, today. It took me about 6 hrs total to read. What an amazingly thought provoking book. As sad as the storyline is, it was really difficult for me to put the book down. The book has made me reflect on the importance of relationships, family, humanity, love, faith, hope and of course food storage. I am glad I read this book after having little Kai. I think it helped me understand the above themes better. It's an 'easy' read and I highly recommend it.
A side note, I saw Oprah's interview with the author, and apparently he was inspired to write this story as he gazed out of his hotel room looking out over the city of El Paso. I know. Glad to know my home town inspires people to think about the end of the world. Apparently, Hollywood is making a movie this year based on this book. That will be interesting and confronting