Our pot of gold


Believe it or not this tree was the cause of quite a fuss here during Christmas. We learned that this tree is the Australian Christmas bush and, I think due to a really wet summer this year, was in full bloom this year for Christmas. We had several people comment on it. I just thought it was a nice looking tree. And then we went to the mall and saw that people were selling it for $8 a branch. When we got home Ben stood outside looking at the bush - saying who knew we had gold growing in our front yard. He and my mom were talking about cutting branches down and setting up on the side of the road. I wasn't all that keen on the idea. We also had a man knock on our door and offer, free of charge, to trim this bush. I was thinking - yeah right - how stupid do you think I am. Some people.